Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Love in the time of Covid-19

Yes, I'm back. I bet you thought I'd never post again. I wasn't sure I would either but times they are a changin'. A lot's changed in the last year and a half so there's lots to share with you. I'm not going to play catch up all in one post though. Maybe sharing bits and pieces as I go will get me back in the habit of posting again.

This is a tough time for all of us. It's hard to keep the spirits up sometimes but I'm working on it. I'm also working on working if that makes sense. Working in the studio is not a problem. I've always been an introvert so this work at home thing is heaven for me. I love solitude. What I have to work on is sharing the work that comes from that studio time. So now I'm spending more time online and getting back to this blog.

My biggest news.... last year I became co-owner of an art collective. I'm one of 6 painters at Gallery B in downtown Ocala. I've been part of the gallery for less than a year and now, here we are, with temporarily closed doors. All my time and energy has been toward the gallery and I love it! We're a close group that has so much fun working together. Of course we're looking forward to opening again when this mess is over, we just don't know how long that's going to take. So in the meantime, we're all just working on ways to keep sharing the love, our love for our friends and family and our love for art. The big gallery news is 👇


I love this photo! This was the coolest thing to happen at our gallery since we opened. That building on the right is Citizens First Bank. It's the first branch to open in Ocala and they contacted us at the gallery because they wanted to purchase original art for inside the bank. The bank is located directly across the street from our gallery. They were amazing to work with and in the photo above you see four of us from the gallery delivering the art across the street and leading the art parade is the bank President Lindsey Blaise. Our friend and photographer Jenny Eggers risked life and limb getting out in the middle of the intersection to get this shot of us taking our art to the bank.

Here are a few pics from inside our gallery...



The doorway opens into our neighbor's beautiful store, Greiner's Clothing


We're so fortunate to have this space. We have 6 painters - the other 5 artists are Julie Shealy, Sandy Sanders, Cheryl Ritter, Bobbie Deuell and Laurie Kopec. We also have a potter, Gene Hotaling and woodworker, Garrett Boutwell. 

That's it for now. I'll share again soon, I swear! I have some updating to do and a lot of new artwork to share too so check in again. Until then, stay safe and healthy. 

Much love,
C










No comments: