Monday, May 4, 2015

What's in Live Oak?


When I told someone I was going to do an art workshop in Live Oak they asked.... "there are enough people in Live Oak that would take an art workshop?? There's nothing in Live Oak!" Well, this past weekend I had the pleasure of going to Live Oak to teach a colored pencil portrait workshop and yes, there are artists there. In fact, there are lots of them and with quite a bit of talent! AND.... 6 people from Live Oak have been accepted to the upcoming CPSA International Exhibition in Atlanta this summer so I'd say Live Oak does have something good going on.



What a wonderful group of ladies. They were funny, kind, sweet, generous and like I said - amazingly talented. In fact a few of them had me wondering what in the world they were doing there. I want to take a class from them!


Cathy has such an intuitive way of working where she uses so much unusual color in her portraits. She is an inspiration to me!


Suzanne working on a large portrait of her daughter. I'm hoping she'll send me a photo of the finished piece.


Anda was just whipping out this portrait of her hubby. She's great at capturing light.


Marilyn's portrait of her little great-nephew is going to be a stunner.
 Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

If anyone ever asks you- what's in Live Oak? Tell them about all the fab colored pencil people who live there and tell them to get some fried chicken at the Dixie Grill.



No comments: