Thursday, July 7, 2011

This is what happens.....

 when I can't sleep at night. I ended up working on the computer at 3:00 in the morning. First I was rearranging the Etsy shop. Then I was downloading 12 new free books onto my Kindle (I think I love my Kindle almost as much as I love chocolate). Then I was reading emails and Facebook and now here I am putting stuff on this blog. It's now 6:15 - kind of pointless to go back to bed, so I thought I'd show you what happens when a couple of canvases sit around the studio for over a year because I have no idea what to do with them. Both of these canvases have a mix of media on them. I pulled them out, decided I really didn't like where they were so I gessoed over them. The top one you can see is just partially covered with gesso and I liked the way it looked. Now I have to decide how to finish it. I'm really liking the texture, especially on the bottom so now next step is a wash of color on top.
This little canvas (both of these pieces are 6x6 by the way) started out with a blue wash of color and then I got the bright idea to glue a handful of straw to it.  So now that it has the layer of gesso over it I'll see where it goes from here. Nothing like pulling out old unfinished work to get the creative juices going.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Go to bed!!! (I like the top one a lot.)

Teresa Mallen said...

I have been away from blogging for quite a while. I am delighted to see that you have chosen to have a 3rd blog! :-) I look forward to seeing what else develops with these two. Humm...I have lots of straw here and hay too...

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

Teresa, sometimes I think I'm nuts! I have so many projects going now I'm afraid I might be spreading myself too thin (wish the rest of me could be thin too) but hey... that's what keeps life interesting isn't it? :)